Table of Contents
Want to use Pinterest to promote and grow your business? With 431 million monthly users, this platform is great for posting pictures and videos to expand your business audience.
People use the platform to find ideas, try new things, and make purchasing decisions. So, if you build a presence, it can help you earn sales. But to do this well, you’ll need a Pinterest business account. Wondering how? We can help.
This guide covers setting up a Pinterest account for your business, including:
- What you can do with a business account
- How to set up a business account on Pinterest
- How to make the most of your business account
See also: How to market your business on Pinterest.
What you can do with a business account on Pinterest
Pinterest is an excellent platform to market, advertise, and sell your small business products. But to optimise it, you’ll need a business account.
A pinterest business account allows you to access analytics for your page, link to your online shop, and run advertisements for your business. It’s a great way to track your success with the platform and reach more people efficiently.
A designated business account allows you to look more professional and branded to users. When they come across your page, it’ll appear more credible and better present your products or services.
How to set up a business account on Pinterest: A step by step guide
Now that you know the perks, you might want to learn how to set up a business account on Pinterest. We’ll go over the essential steps.
Step 1: Create, switch, or link your Pinterest account
Creating a Pinterest business account
If you want to create a business account from scratch, go to Pinterest and click signup. From there, follow these steps:
- Select ‘create a business account’
- Fill in your email address, a password, and your age
- Press ‘create an account’
- Then, ‘build your profile’ with the available information, like your business name, contact information, and website URL
- Complete the ‘describe your business section’. Here, provide an introduction to your products or services
- Choose if you wish to run advertisements
- Go to your Pinterest business account
Switch your personal Pinterest account to business
If you already have a personal business account, you can easily switch it to a business account to be able to run ads and start a shop. This way, you’ll keep your existing content and followers.
Here’s how to switch:
- Log into your personal account
- Click the arrow at the right-hand side of the screen (or the three dots on the top of the screen in the app)
- Press ‘settings’
- Select ‘account management’
- Choose ‘convert to a business account’
- Fill out ‘describe your business’
- Decide if you want to run advertisements
- Go to your business account
Link your personal account with a business account
If you already have a personal account, you might also want to link it to your business account. This approach lets you maintain your personal account information while establishing a separate page for your business.
Here’s how to link your account:
- Log into your personal account
- Click the arrow or dots on the top right of your screen
- Choose ‘add account’
- Click ‘create a free business account’
- Next, click ‘create a linked account’
- Fill in the ‘build your profile’ information
- Add an introduction to ‘describe your business’
- Choose whether you wish to run advertisements
- Go to your business account
Step 2: Verify your email address
Once you form an account, Pinterest will send an email to the address you used to set up the account. Find this email and click ‘verify email’. Doing so will complete your account setup.
Step 4: Brand your page
Next, you can add more details to your Pinterest account that you may have skipped over when you set up.
First, add a profile picture, such as your business logo. Then, include a cover image, which will appear at the top of the page behind your profile picture.
These visual elements can help you establish a brand identity on the platform and appear professional.
Step 5: Get started
Now you’re ready to start curating your business Pinterest board to build a presence on the platform. To reach more people with your account, try following people within your target audience.
How to make the most of your Pinterest business account
Once you know how to set up a business account on Pinterest, you may wonder how to make the most of the new features. Here are a few tips.
Create a Pinterest strategy
To succeed on the platform, try to post and pin content regularly. You might aim to upload three pins a week and share ten. Design eye-catching pins and videos using a free tool like Canva.
Here are a few tips for enhancing your content:
- Plan your boards – use a social media planner tool like Later, which lets you schedule posts.
- Try different pin formats – like static, video, carousel, and collections.
- Use SEO to reach people – adding keywords, links, and hashtags to enhance your content, so it shows up in search results.
Create product pins
A business account lets you create product pins that list prices and link to your online shop. This way, users can shop more easily from the app. Plus, they can save and share your products to show followers or go back to later.
Advertise in different formats
Pinterest advertisements let you boost your content to reach more people.
Instead of looking like a typical advertisement, these ads appear like any other pin on the user’s browser page. Plus, you can design advertisements in any pin format, so try playing with a few to see what works best.
How to improve your small business social media presence
With this guide, you can use your Pinterest business account to grow your business. Just brand your page well and remember to make the most of the available features, like pin formats, product pins, and ads.
Want to grow your small business social media presence further? Check out our article on how to get started with Facebook for small businesses.
Boost your financial management with a clever app
As you earn more sales through Pinterest, you’ll need to keep up with your finances.
Countingup is the business current account and accounting software in one app. It automates time-consuming bookkeeping admin for thousands of self-employed people across the UK.
Save yourself hours of accounting admin so you can focus on growing your business.