Accountant Hub agreement
These Terms are an extension of the existing Countingup Account agreement our customers agree to when applying for their Countingup accounts.
They apply to Countingup customers wishing to link their Countingup account to their accountant through the Accountant Hub.
Please read them carefully as they are binding to You from the time that your Countingup account is linked with an “End User”.
These Terms were last updated on 9 October 2019.
- “Countingup” means Counting Limited, which is registered in England and Wales with company number 10729748.
- “Service” means the online accounting services made available via the Website.
- “End User” means the individual/accountancy firm/legal entity using the Service to access the Data through the Website.
- “Website” means the Internet site at the domain countingup.com and any sub-domains of this site or any other site operated by Countingup.
- “You” means the “Countingup account holder”. “Your” has a corresponding meaning.
- “Data” means “Your first name, last name, email address, mobile telephone number, business name, business type, business VAT information, transactions information, transactions notes and/or attachments”.
1. By authorising an End User to access some of Your account details (“Data”) through the Website, You are acknowledging that whilst this constitutes an exception to 10.7 of our Terms and Conditions, Countingup is not liable for any loss of funds, Data or reputation which may result from sharing those details or from the subsequent advice and/or actions of the End User.
2. Countingup is not an accountant and this agreement does not create a retainer for accountancy services or taxation advice between You and Countingup.
3. It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Service meets the needs of Your business and is suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
4. You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data by an End User through the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
You warrant that where You have arranged to use the Service on behalf of a legal entity, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that entity and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the entity on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
The End User linked to your Countingup account is not proprietary to the Data available on the Website, during or after their agreement with You. This includes transactions notes and attachments.
Should a dispute between You and an End User arise regarding access to the Data, You have the authority to revoke access to it at any time, without notice or consent. You can do so by unlinking your account with the End User;
Countingup does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Countingup is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
1. If You are not satisfied with the End User’s use of the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms. You can do so by unlinking your account with the End User.
2. Countingup reserves the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate access to the Service without notice if we believe that it is necessary for security purposes, if these Terms have been breached or if the End User linked to your account is believed to have breached their agreement with Countingup.
1. Entire agreement:
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms to you by Countingup will be sent to the email address that You provided when setting up Your access to the Service, and will be deemed to have been given upon transmission. Any notice given under these Terms to Countingup by You must be submitted in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org and will be deemed to have been given upon successful submission.
4. Rights of Third Parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.